Monday, September 17, 2012

My Menu this week



Food prep to me is the most important thing I do in my health and fitness journey.  Without the preparation I tend to over eat, grab unhealthy foods and even at times not eat enough.  With all the training I am doing it is HIGHLY important that I get good clean, healthy foods in each meal.  My meals fuel my runs and other workouts that I do each day.  Without fuel my body ends up empty, which causes me to crash hard.

Items on the list this week

Breakfast-Protein Pancakes 
1/2 cup of oatmeal, 6 oz of Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup of egg whites.
I put the oatmeal in my bullet to make it look like flour.  After, the oatmeal is ready, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.  Very simple and takes less than 10 minutes to make.  You can make one big pancake or a few small ones.  Cook on medium.  Top it with some fruit and sugar free syrup.

Zucchini Bites
Picture up above show these yummy bites.  I honestly didn't think I would like them, but I LOVED them.  I tripled the recipe and ended up with only 20 bites.

Quinoa Protein Bars
Quinoa is my new favorite food item.  It is high in protein and taste wonderfully.  I wanted and quick and easy snack for work.  I don't have a food processor, so I put the almonds and dates in the bullet, it worked probably better than the food processor.  I also tripled this recipe so I can freeze some of the bars for next week. 

Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash
My favorite things to eat is Sweet Potatoes.  So I had to give this a try.  Smelled like Thanksgiving in my kitchen.  I haven't tried this yet but know from the smell that this will be a hit.

Melt in your Mouth Chicken
I love Chicken but never eat it.  So I wanted to throw in something completely different this week.  I wasn't sure if I would like the greek yogurt on the chicken but this was delicious.  I would highly recommend this meal.  I doubled this meal and put half of it in the freezer for next week.

Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
I love spicy foods and love it more when you can make a veggie taste wonderful.  I haven't tried this yet but cooked it up.  Smelled great and HOT!

BBQ Crockpot Turkey
Diet Dr. Pepper, 1 cup of BBQ and a small turkey breast (looked like a small whole turkey).  Throw everything in crockpot on medium.  Cook for 5-6 hours.  I always shred the meat with one hour left in cooking time.  I normally make this with chicken but I am sure it will taste great with Turkey.

Other items on my menu this week

Shakeology-I will have this at lunch every day.  I always throw in a handful of spinach, 1 tbsp of Peanut butter and one banana.  GOOD STUFF!!!
Almonds
Apples
Pears
Peaches
Carrots
Slaw-pre-mixed at the store.  I add in 1 cup of red vinegar,  1/2 olive oil and 1/2 cup of sugar (splenda).


I challenge you to food prep.  It is the key to success in any diet/lifestyle change. 




No comments:

Post a Comment