Monday, January 9, 2012

Eat, Drink, Sweat... Dream Big

Eat. Drink. Sweat. Dream Big!

I always dream big and set my goals extremely high! There has been a lot of failures and successes on my journey of dreaming big. One's that I would rather never think about again and one's that still to this day bring the biggest smile to my face. Big dreams can come true but it takes a lot of hard work, sweat and tears to get you to your finish line.

A few months ago I had a dream to complete a tough mudder challenge, in just a few days that dream will become a reality! Tough Mudder events are hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie.

This race not only excites me but scares me to death. The course for Phoenix is 12.5 miles, with 29 obstacles to test my inner strength. Many of the obstacles are combined with water, ice, mud and electroshock therapy. I will have to jump off a plank into water, jump over logs, climb over many walls and try to get to the top of a greasy skater pipe without injuring myself. I just pray to the lord that my training has made me tough enough to endure the pain and get pass the mental walls I may come across.

The training started weeks ago and I feel that my body is ready to take on anything they want to throw at me. I understand that it doesn't make sense starting a blog so late in this journey but the journey will not end at the Tough Mudder finish line. I plan on doing a few more Tough Mudders this season! I just happen to like the crazy training and the challenge to push myself beyond my own limits! Dream Big! That is what I attend to keep doing and hope that my dreams will help push you to accomplish yours!

As a Tough Mudder I pledge that....
  • I understand that Tough Mudder is not a race but a challenge.
  • I put teamwork and camaraderie before my own course time.
  • I do not whine..kids whine.
  • I help my fellow mudders complete the course.
  • I overcome all fear.
Dream Big :) Happy Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment