Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Listen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quite voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW’.


[F] First
[A] Attempt
[I] In

[L] Learning

Failed. Failing. Failure. All words that we are afraid of and words we hate to even think about. But let’s be honest failing happens to everyone and bottom-line it does suck to fail at something you set out to accomplish. It is what we do with our failures that defines the person we are and who we can become. The secret to success is failing. Why is that you ask? Because you had the courage to try something new and did not let fear get in the way. The biggest mistake so many people make is being too afraid to fail at something.


Steve Jobs failed, so did Henry Ford and even Walt Disney. All names that are in History books because they did not let their failure define who they were. They took the steps to learn from their failures and had the courage to continue. Jobs failed at Apple I and Apple II. Ford’s first company went bankrupted. Walt couldn’t find work as an artist for a newspaper and had to sign over his rights for his first character “Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.” They suffered failures and had to pick themselves up over and over again. They all had one thing in common they had big dreams and they didn’t listen when people told them they were foolish.


Just like Jobs, Ford and Disney you will fail. You will cry and you may even stop believing in the your big dream. I have failed at many things in my life. I continue to fail at relationships; I have failed at training for major events and have failed on my weight loss efforts time and time again. I have struggled to find the courage in me to believe in my big dreams but I have finally realized that before courage there has to be fears. Fear and Failing is scary but you have to have a bigger faith in yourself to look pass them.


So what does all this mean? It means find something that you fear or something that you have failed at. Try it and do it again until you are successful. I still fear running races and still fail at being 100% successful in my health but I do it anyways. I continue to see successes that keep me going and I learn from those times I have failed.


Be a big dreamer! Failure is your first attempt to learning something amazing. Take your time and realize nothing happens on the first attempt. If you fail do it again and again until you cross that finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment