Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Perfect Storm

If you wait for the perfect conditions you’ll never get anything done.

Why wait to start your diet on Monday or wait till the summer to start a running program? I would bet that when the summer comes around you might say it is to hot or I rather find the local pool. So many people wait for the perfect conditions to start a diet program or a fitness routine, but with that comes excuses after excuses. It is actually pretty simple. Either you do it or you don’t!

My life has not always been healthy and I too use to be the person made of a million and one excuses. I use to wait for the perfect condition to get started and guess what? The perfect storm never came and the excuses continued to pour in. I continued to be lazy, unhappy and very unhealthy. There was a time that I had 32% body fat, WOW right?! I use to obese believe it or not. The charts didn’t lie and neither did the scale (188 pounds). Then one day it hit me that if I didn’t do something today, I would be dead at a very early age.



So I did something! I started to move! I started to eat healthy! I started to live again. Many people tell me that they just can’t do what I do. I say that is bull crap! Anyone can move, eat healthy and dream big things! I would challenge you to find the time to improve you and live the healthy lifestyle you have always wanted. If you still can’t find the time, come to me! I bet you I would be able to find time during your day for you to move or eat healthy. Put down the computer, turn off the TV, get out of bed earlier, put your kids in a stroller and stop wasting money on going out to eat.

Living a healthy lifestyle is not a diet and it doesn’t come in a magical pill. It takes hard work; sweat and time to get rid of old habits. It took me over 10 years to final say I am healthy and extremely happy with myself. Over those 10 years I have lost 48 pounds and have ran several races. If someone told me 10 years ago that I would have seen the finish line of a marathon or would have control over my eating, I would probably laugh in their face. It amazes me still to this day what I have accomplished.



So I am here to tell you that YOU CAN DO IT! So stop waiting for that perfect condition and throw away all those excuses. Excuses are for people that don’t want it bad enough. Get that fire burning inside you. Look at your children or yourself in the mirror and say I am worth the fight. Believe in yourself. If you believe in yourself you are halfway there!



My blog will reflect my path to living a healthy lifestyle. I at times struggle and fail just like the rest of world. I like fries, pizza and beer. I like sitting around and watching TV and I make excuses sometimes too. I also listen to that voice inside me that says, “Your weak and you can’t do it.” But I also like cauliflower pizza (the crust is made out of cauliflower), sweet potatoes fries and a few beers. I sit around and watch TV after I have put my time in the gym. And I don’t fight with those voices in my head all the time, there are times I listen to my heart when it says "YOU CAN". It starts with you! You have to believe that you are worth it. Nothing is impossible! The word even has I’m possible in it!



So go out there when the conditions are not perfect and believe in the impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment