Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Goals

DEVOTE yourself to an idea. GO make it happen. STRUGGLE on it. OVERcome your FEAR. SMILE. LAUGH. Have FUN. Don’t you forget: this is your DREAM.


Goals


We all need goals in our lives to keep us motivated and to keep us focused. Goals help us overcome fear, help us devote our time and to live out our dreams. What is your goal or goals going to be for 2012? Goals can be short term or long term. They can be small or big. No matter the length or the size of your goals, you have to be willing to take the first step towards reaching them. A goal without a plan is just a goal that you wish to accomplish someday. So in order for you to reach that goal you have to plan out how to get there.


Get out a piece of paper and write down the goals you hope to accomplish in 2012. Write down as many as you want. It is important to have those goals in black and white. Now I want you to take that paper and place it somewhere you will read it daily. This could be on the fridge, bathroom mirror, in your car or even your purse. You might want to copy the goals down and give it to someone who cares about you. Tell them you need help reaching them and that you need them to be your biggest cheerleader.


Now your dream is alive and now you have to figure out how to reach them. If your goal is to drop weight, run a race or even pray more. How are you going to do this? It is good to set mini-goals! So if your goal is to lose 30 pounds in 2012, your mini goal could be to lose 5 pounds each month. Mini-goals will give you time to celebrate and give you the encouragement to continue to your overall goal.


Here are my goals for 2012


· Smile More

· Attend Church More

· Read more

· Take a painting class

· Take a photography class

· Sell pumpkins for Halloween

· Look into a new career in Wellness and Fitness

· Complete 4 Tough Mudders

· Complete 6-8 Half Marathons

· Complete a triathlon.

· Continue to believe in myself

· Dance more

· White Water Raft

· Go on a vacation alone

· Get my training license

· Coach Cross Country or a fall sport

· Finish my second Masters degree

· Make a lot of new friends but keep the old

· Volunteer more

· Start saying no when I don’t really want to say yes

· Get Louie his therapy license

· Stay Strong

· Worry Less

· Be Happy

· Forgive more

Start a Wellness business at school or even at church!

Become a BeachBody Coach!


Those are a lot of goals but some of those goals I am already doing. I just want to continue to have them in my life. I know I will continue to add goals to this list and maybe I will throw some out. I now have it on paper to go back to and now I have all of you to push me to accomplish them. Remember setting goals is just the start; you have to plan to reach them. You are never to old or to young to start reaching your goals. I challenge you to take the first step and do what you have always wanted to do. Now go reach those goals J


“ The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching the goal. The tragedy lies in not having no goal to reach.” –Benajamin Mays

No comments:

Post a Comment