Thursday, June 28, 2012

Falling slightly off the health wagon...



Everyone says to me "Kathy you always have it together, I wish I could be more like you, you are such an inspiration." I love hearing that but truth is, I don't ALWAYS have it together. I too, fall off the fitness train and jump off the healthy eating wagon. It is something I don't like to admit because I have so many people that look up to me. I would be hiding the truth to all of you if I didn't say I struggle a lot and as of lately I been holding on with one hand to my health wagon.

Summer is always a challenge for me. I know that there will be more outing out with my friends which means more challenges such as good food, drinking and less sleep. I wanted to come into summer strong and leave it even stronger but I realize I am not as strong as I hoped. I am drinking before volleyball games, drinking during outing with my friends, eating more crap and not getting enough sleep. 

The one thing that I have is the ability to not fall completely off. I am blogging this to show that I struggle just like all of you. The difference I may have from all of you is that I have the ability to pull myself up with that one hand and get back onto that fitness train and healthy eating wagon. I have never fallen off so far that I wasn't able to get refocused but I know how easy it can be to fall way off and lose complete control. 

You all have to remember that your wagon and train doesn't roll away. You may get "distracted" from the outside world but I know that wagon is parked waiting for you to get back on. Some of you may not get back on that wagon for a month, maybe a few months or even for some of you years. Does that make any sense at all? Why would you want to waist all your success for a few "off days"? You stop caring about your success and start worrying about food, beer and fun. Let's be honest it is a terrible place to be, it really sucks losing control of something you wanted to succeed at. I know this first hand... 

But what I have learned is that you have to stop that relationship with this wagon. You have to be consistent and understand this is just a ride. You can get off for birthday parties, vacations and holiday's but don't jump off completely. If you don't enjoy the ride you may never want to get back on and we all know what happens when the wagon is in park for months...weight gain, unhappiness and a less desired lifestyle. Remember the wagon is always there to ride. You might have to dust off the cobwebs and grease up the wheels a bit but never lose sight of it because it is the most important ride of your life...the ride to a life you deserve. 
 
Today, I faced the fact that my wagon has in been in park for a few weeks but today I will jump back on and enjoy the ride! I will get off the wagon once a week to enjoy a good dinner with friends and once a week to enjoy some drinks....but not every day! I am ready to live the life I love! Ready to B-amazing again.....

How about you? What is your wagon doing at this very minute?




No comments:

Post a Comment