Monday, June 11, 2012

Love you first...


 The Shakespeare quotation ‘To thine own self be true’. What a true statement! You must fully love you both inside and out before you can fully give yourself to someone else.  I often wonder how many people are true to themselves or if they’re holding themselves back trying to be someone they’re not to please others, or allowing excuses to become the truth of what they think? Think about it! Does this statement describe you or someone you know?

I fully understand that it is hard to love yourself.  We are our worst friend, enemy and critic.  We put ourselves down all the time.  Let's be honest no body gives two shits if you are wearing a red shirt, eat healthy or can run a million and one miles.  The only person that cares is you.  You care if you eat like crap, you care if your skin is flawless, you care if you have the perfect body...YOU see the worst in you, while the rest of the world sees the beauty. 

You hear 'Just be yourself' by friends..but what does that really mean? How can you be yourself when you don't like yourself? How can you be yourself when you don't even know who you really are? Well I can tell you that it takes a lot of soul searching, removing the negative things and people from your life to be able to 'be yourself'.

The most unhealthy and ugly thing you could do is to try and be someone you are not, by defining yourself by some period of time in the past or by the belief someone else has instilled in you.  Don't let people's opinions or believes become your own self-image.  I know it is easy to do but it is so damaging to your inner self. 

People will not always believe in the same things as you.  They will push you down and tell you that your opinions are wrong.  I know this because I have had people in my life tell me I 'wasn't good enough, that I wouldn't graduate from college and that I would never amount to anything.' For a very long time I believed those people.  I believed that I wasn't smart enough to finish college and that I would just live life not being anything.  But I changed the way I viewed myself, I started to build a healthier me by pushing those negative people out of my life.  You can't be the real you till you get rid of all the shit that holds you back.  Be real to yourself! I did just that.. I am good enough and I am strong enough now to prove that I am basically AWESOME in every single way. 

Let go of past mistakes but learn from them.  I know the scares of the past will always be in your mind but learn how to cover them up with positive new band-aides.  Learn to shut that part of your mind off and learn to listen to the one says 'I LOVE ME'.  Stop caring how people view you.  We are all children of god, we are all very different.  We have different tastes, different clothes, different religions, different bodies and guess what that is what makes everyone unique and beautiful.  Some people will love you and some people will hate you.  If they hate you don't try to make them like you.. Who gives a shit if someone hates you.  That just means they don't see the real you and it is their lose. 

Be honest, be open. Develop a sense of individuality. Follow your own style. Stand up for what you believe in. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.  Being different is absolutely beautiful! Don’t let people change you.


Everything falls into place when you learn to love yourself! BE YOU. BE HAPPY! Be AMAZING!



No comments:

Post a Comment