Monday, February 20, 2012

Fat Tuesday.. Lent

It is about that time of the year folks, Lent is almost upon us! I was raised Catholic, went to a Catholic schools and had to follow any rules that the church told us to follow. Lent was one of them that my family had to participate in every year. In the Morgan house hold we had a lot of Catholic rituals. Praying before meals and having fish every Friday during Lent.

The idea of Lent is to give something up that means a lot to you during the lenten season (which is Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday) to honor and appreciate sacrifice Jesus made for us. Last year I gave up facebook, the year before I gave up booze, one year I gave up fried food and I even attempted to give up chocolate and cussing. It was very hard to give those things up but I did it every year, well minus the Chocolate I cheated a few times.

So this year I decided that I would give up cheese. I love cheese! I eat it almost on everything that cheese taste good on. This will be extra hard for me because I don't eat fish (Catholics give up meats on Friday during lent). I normally would have a cheese sandwich or cheese pizza on Lenten Friday's. Now I have to choose something else to eat and well my options are limited since I hate fish! Looks like a lot of PB&J's in the near future.

I hope I don't get the shakes for not having cheese for 40 days. Man, I love cheese. Since, today is fat Tuesday I will be eating the cheesiest thing I possibly can get my hands on!! I call this my last cheese supper!

I also am going to add prayer into my life again. I plan on reading a little bit of the Bible every night if possible or every other night. I also will be attending Church every week during Lent. I did this last year and the year before. Church just makes me feel good about myself.

What are you doing for Fat Tuesday? Are you giving anything up for Lent this year?

40 days cheese free. I hope Easter Sunday is here before I know it! :) Enjoy yourself on this Fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment