Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grocery shopping Tips!

Do you have the Grocery Blues?


I love grocery shopping! I can be in and out of the store in 30 minutes, well that is if the store is not to busy. I always have a plan before I enter into what others call the danger zone.


Source: tumblr.com via Kathy on Pinterest


1. Have a Meal Plan


What does this mean? Before I ever go into a grocery store I have my meals planned for the week. I know what every snack, lunch and dinner will look like. I have all the ingredients down so I know exactly what I need to get. I plan Monday-Sunday. Seems crazy to plan so far ahead, but I am telling you this is key to success. You have to know what you are eating every single day of the week or you will fail.


2. Have a List!


I always have a list before I go grocery shopping. If it is not on the list I don’t get it! It is that simple! That controls what I put into my cart and also controls what I put into my mouth. I would love to come home with some chocolates and chips but I never do because I never write it on my list.


3. Never go to the grocery hungry


I know I have done this and I am almost 100% you have too. Going to the grocery hungry is NEVER a good idea. When you go hungry you will always come out with some kind of crap that will not fuel your body properly. So eat before you go, this way your craving will not win.


4. Stop the parameter


Did you ever notice the good stuff is not in the isle? I hardly ever go in the isles because the clean foods fruits, meats, veggies and dairy is all on the parameter. There are times I do need to shop on in the isles but that is to get my oatmeal, sauces for spaghetti and my peanut butter I can’t live without. 90% of my cart is filled with what I got in the parameter.






4. Color your cart

Your grocery cart should be filled with all sorts of colors! Real food is colorful! I try to have every color of the rainbow in my cart before I leave the store! It is kind of a game! This is fun for kids too! Get them involved!


Now it is time for me to hit the grocery! I have a plan, I have my list and I am ready to shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment