Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Remove the Fog

It’s not who you are that holds you back. It’s who you think you’re not.


What is holding you back in your life? Why you feel stuck, lost or confused? Have you ever really sat down and thought about it? Did you take action or did you just stay there waiting for life to somehow change for you?


Yesterday, I had the best talk with a great friend. She is a job coach and her job is to really push someone like myself, to think about the “what’s holding you back” line. She gave me the tough love that I needed to wake up. You might be thinking. “Kathy you are so tough nothing holds you back.” But I am here today to tell you a lot of things hold me back.


This is what I learned in just one short hour.


Life only comes once and I need to stop waiting on the sidelines for things to change. I am the one in charge of my game of life and I am the one that has the power to do something amazing. However, I am also the one that keeps me from moving forward and doing things that I dream about. Bottom line that needs to change!


I think you really have to have a clear picture in your mind of what you exactly want to do and what you don’t want to do in your life. You need to remove the fog that has been hanging over your head for so long. That is what my friend did for me! She was able to push me in the right direction. “I am worth it!” It is still hard for me to say those words but I am confident that one day I will be able to scream it from the rooftops.


I don’t have the clear picture about my plans and the thick fog is holding me back on being able to achieve some really good stuff. Without that clear picture I am just sitting on my sideline, waiting for something to change. I am and was doing nothing. But now the picture is becoming so clear and I now know I have a clear direction where I want my life to go.


I know my inner demons will pop up every now and then. There will be some negative people, lack of support and maybe even people telling me that I am not a good fit. But those inner demons will not win and neither will those negative people. Those people are roadblocks to my finish line. They only make me feel that I am not worth what I call “my own happiness”.


I now know what those barriers are, myself being one of them. I am taking quick action to remove them and tell them they are NOT welcome in my life anymore.


I need to stop “WAITING” for something to happen in order to move forward. I am just holding back because I am fearful of what is ahead. I have basically been waiting for a long time for my life to happen. It makes me mad! I have wasted so much time doing nothing. I must act now and I must believe! I deserve the best and “I am worth it”.


I am beginning this month with fresh eyes and will start making better career choices for myself. I will become the quarterback in my life and will choose the appropriate plays and patterns. I will pick who plays on my team and who deserves to be thrown out. I will not just choose the plays that fit best for everyone else, I will choose the right plays for my life. I will start choosing big plays and choosing what my heart really desires.


Big things are about to happen in my life! I don’t know what but I know that I am now on the right path. Thanks to my dear friend for opening up my eyes and making me say, “I am worth it.” Because “I am worth it” just like all of you! I challenge all of you to find the things that are blinding your finish line. I challenge you to remove those negative people from your life. Believe in you!! Because we are worth it and together I can bet that we could do some pretty amazing stuff.


Challenge yourself! Believe in YOU!

Sorry this was not fitness related. Just felt I needed to get this out there! Have a Happy Healthy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment